If you have the flu and are scheduled to take the SAT tomorrow, don’t panic. Your health is most important. There is still time.
In an ideal world, you planned your testing timeline in advance and gave yourself some room “just in case” this were to happen. If you didn’t plan out your testing timeline, do it now.
- SAT March 8
- SAT Subject Tests May 3 and June 7
Since not all subjects are offered on both dates, it is important to
1. Check when the tests you want to take are offered and
2. Leave May and June test dates open for SAT Subject Tests.
***You may take up to three subject tests in one day
Retesting option is October 11 and maybe November 8 and December 6 depending upon the college deadlines and whether or not you are applying Early Decision or Early Action. All colleges have different application deadlines.
**SAT and the SAT Subject Tests can’t be taken on the same day
Note: AP Exams are May 5-16. These are given during school hours so they will not conflict with the SAT or SAT Subject Tests in scheduling. It’s just important to be aware that they will be given during this timeframe.
If you do have the flu and need to reschedule your SAT:
- Log in to your College Board account and request a new test date. The College Board directions are here.
- There is a $27 change fee.
- Colleges do NOT see that this change was made.
- They will simply see the date you actually take the test and the scores you receive.
- Don’t worry about the change- just work on feeling better.
I do not recommend taking a standardized test when you are ill because you will not be presenting yourself at your optimal strength. If, however, you are only slightly under the weather or just want to skip the test because you want more time to prepare or you don’t want to get up early, I recommend you get up and take tomorrow’s test. If you don’t like your score, don’t report it and take the test again on a later date. At least you got one test under your belt.
Before rescheduling, create a calendar and make sure you have time to make-up the test.
2014 SAT Tests are January 25, March 8, May 3, June 7, October 11, November 8, December 6,
2014 SAT Subject Tests are offered every SAT testing date except March
2014 AP Exams are May 5th-16th
Sandy Aprahamian, Owner, Educational Consultant, EdNavigators