For the Students: Standardized Testing Timeline
High School Juniors should plan to take the SAT or ACT this winter. Sign up for the exams and begin preparation now.
- This will provide time for one more test this spring if necessary.
- SAT2 and AP Exams are taken in the spring which can create a scheduling challenge and overload.
- Neither the SAT nor the ACT is given in the summer.
- Fall of senior year is a very busy time with completing applications.
- The registration deadline for the 1/25/14 SAT is December 27, 2013.
- The registration deadline for the 2/8/14 ACT is January 10, 2014.
- Plan now to take a practice test and register for test-prep.
For the Parents: Financial Aid/ College Affordability Timeline
Parents, of Juniors, THIS (2013) is the tax year that will be used for FAFSA and Profile financial aid forms. The time to get a feel for where you stand, is NOW. I recommend a fee-based financial planner who specializes in college affordability. Higher Education is a big investment and honest financial counseling is an important first step of the college planning process. The money and time spent on the financial planner’s advice and analysis often pays for itself. I recommend Fred Amrein at College Affordability for a personalized and customized financial plan for college. His website provides a financial aid video library. It is worth a look.
- The Maze of Financial Aid (friarsjourney.wordpress.com)